1. Building enabling organization with resources and capabilities:
With changing business landscapes and changing environment, organizations must have a strategy developed for innovation and flexibility by utilizing their resources (human,financial,technological) and developing capabilities which are ongoing incremental activities.
2. Resource Allocation Processes and Resource Commitments
Resource -------> Resource Commitments -----> Activities
Activities --->Resource Commitments
•Activities u perform are activities u choose depending on ur resources
•Terms on which u perform ur activites depends on whatever choices the company has made in the past
•Integrate the activities and resource based view.Put the time dimension.
3. Business Policies and Procedures worldwide
Pushing down the decisions to lower level
Give the manager the basis of control
In similar situations same decisions are taken
4. Adopting Best Practices and striving for continuous improvement through the value chain
5. Management Information Systems
6. Tying rewards to achievement of strategic and financial objectives and to effective strategy execution.
The objectives determine which business mode the company should follow
KRAs(Key Responsibility Areas)
7. Creating strategy supportive work environment and corporate culture:
It depends on the market needs and compliance with company rules and regulations.
It tells about the openness of the people i.e. culture of the members of the organization
8. Leadership Development:
-->Strategic Inflection Point: A strategic inflection point is a time in the life of a business when its fundamentals are about to change. That change can mean an opportunity to rise to new heights. But it may just as likely signal the beginning of the end. Understanding inflection point can help leaders, decision makers and voters to detect a change in outlook for better decision making process.
-->Red Queen Effect: As organizations struggle to adapt to competitive pressures, their fitness levels improve , raising the baseline against which competitive advantage can be measured.